X300 3.2 straight thro exhaust modification

Hello Folks,
Read in a JagMag some time ago of someone removing the underfloor Cats assy and installing straight thro pipes. Apparently this was no problem as the 3.2 engine is clean enough to pass the emissions test without the Cats. There was a foto of the finished installation which looked good and sounded better apparently. Has anyone done this or seen any info on it? Charlie.

I did it to my brothers 3.2 X300 and to my 4.0 XJ40
With my ‘40 I went further and removed the down pipe cats as well.
Both systems had bullet mufflers installed.
A few years later I was working from a vehicle testing site in NZ and after a nice run to work I asked if they could check the emissions. The car would have passed them no trouble.
I don’t know how out emissions relate to ROW but that is my experience.
BTW the brothers car has just been sold with 340,000ks and still going strong.
Both these cars were converted about 10 years ago.

Thanx for the reply thats most interesting. Do you have a foto or sketch of yr mod on the X300 as i intend to do the same on mine?.Rgds…Charlie.

It was probably my UK car you saw. Living near AJ6 Engineering, my X300 was the prototype for their cat replacement pipes and I still have them. If your front connection is an olive type they fit. If it is the slip-on tubular joint youd have to tinker slightly.

Petr

Do your pipes still incorporate Cats or are they just straight thro pipes? Do you have a foto you could send? My connexion is an olive. I put out an ad for a downpipe from the manifolds as mine has a crack in it Rgds…Charlie.

Hello again i’ve seen a picture of what it looks like, basically the front Y piece with 2 pipes running straight back with the brace piece at the rear.
Would you consider parting with the one you have? Rgds… Charlie.