X300 XJR Speed Control retrofit

Hi, I’m looking to retrofit a Speed Control system to my 1994 XJR, but despite spending a lot of time searching through the parts manuals and the J-L archives, I am struggling to identify all the parts needed.
The parts manual shows a Speed Control Pump LNA1955AA, a Dump Valve LNA1950AA, an Actuator DBC2641 (for 3.2 and 4.0 but no specific mention of the Supercharger/XJR), plus connecting vacuum lines. The XJR seems to have an actuator as standard.
Am I right in thinking there is a different system for the XJR?

I have been sold a partial system supposedly from a 1994 XJR, it has an electric motor or pump which is in-line with the throttle cable and presumably connects to the standard XJR actuator?

There is also an ECU listed in the maual - is this needed for the XJR system?

Finally I am pretty sure I need the Brake Switch for the Speed Control model, which is a different part number to the standard car brake switch, plus of course the dash switches.

Any help on this would be most gratefully received!
Pete.

These are the parts I required for my normally aspirated X300:

Item Qty. Part No.

Speed control actuator 1 DBC2641
Nut - actuator to bracket 1 FN108041
Washer - actuator to bracket 1 WA106041
Speed control bracket 1 EBC9695
Screw - bracket to body 1 FS106141
Sliding link 1 NBB319AA
Shoulder bolt - link to actuator 1 EAC8167
Washer - shoulder bolt 1 WL104001
Nut - shoulder bolt 1 NH104041
Retaining pin - link to abutment bracket 1 NBC3121AA
Washer - retaining pin 1 WA105001
Circlip - retaining pin 1 C14350
Abutment bracket (already fitted) 1 NBC2010AA
Screw - abutment bracket to 1 FS106201
Speed control switch (fascia) 1 LNA6227BA
Speed control resume switch cap 1 JLM12058
Speed control pump 1 LNA1955AA
Dump valve 1 LNA1950AA
Vacuum hose 1 DBC153
T-piece 1 DBC167
Vacuum hose 1 ???
Vacuum hose 1 ???
Cruise control ECM 1 LNA1940AC
Flanged nut - M8 1 FN108041/J
Flanged nut - M6 2 FN106041/J
Brake switch (speed control) 1 DBC10800

HTH
Chris C

PeteH2 wrote:

Chris, many thanks for the very comprehensive list.
If anyone else has specific knowledge about the XJR6 and whether this list is also applicable to that car, I would love to hear from you.

Meantime, I have determined that the parts sold to me are not Cruise/Speed Control parts, but a Traction Control actuator. Since I already have TC (standard on the XJR), these will be going back!

Pete.

Hi Pete AFAIK the Speed Control retro kit was specified for all the NA modules 3.2/4.0 & 6.0 which had a different pack.
No mention anywhere of the XJR6 other than it having the Mondeo TC fitted. Whether the actuator and link etc. would physically fit under the SC and what would happen when running I know NOT!
Anyway good luck, here in the UK on our crowded stop/start roads it’s nice to have but not essential, although it may be different on your longer routes in the US.

Hi Neil,
I have seen pictures of an XJR6 with Speed Control fitted, at least having the correct dash switches, although I suppose these could have been modified from parts from other cars.
There is a list of options in the back of the 95-96 Sport & XJR brochure, but the copy in the J-L brochure archive is too grainy to make out properly.!
Maybe someone with a hardcopy brochure could take a look and report back?

I am in fact in the UK (Southampton) but I do like cruise control when on a long trip, it keeps me from straying up over the speed limit, too many speed cameras about these days!

I’m not sure how and when the SC kicks in, under a heavy boot I take it so not whilst cruising so I guessit should all work if it will physically fit in. You also need the Fascia Switch panel which is different again and you find under Controls & Switches.

Jag used to sell a retro fit Mod Kit I think I bought on of the last they had and somewhere I’ve got the booklet that came with it I seem to remember scanning it so I’ll root it out and PM acopy to you. I think modding the Fascia Panel piece meal with switches and buttons etc. would also be a nightmare I had to source a used one in the correct trim.