X300 XJR spins freely but just won't fire

P.S. It is a beast to try to access the throttle body on this car with the super charger in the way. Question: if the TPS has gone bad, would that cause the ECM to inhibit signal to the injectors? Is there any way to test the TPS from anywhere else on the car without being able to access it directly on the throttle body?

If it’s like other TPS’s you can find the plug (connector). It’s usually labelled, located close by and clipped to a bracket. Unclip it from the bracket and backprobe the connector using an ohm meter, referring to the correct min and max values. Operate the throttle plate/cable manually and look for a steady sweep without any “dead” spots in the range.

If it’s behaving itself, then your TPS is ok.

Quick update: pulled all 6 injectors, built a rig, and tested same. Could only get 2 to spray properly. The other 4 seemed to be seized. Applying pressure normally, and then in reverse a few times with a little penetrating oil, and with a little tapping on the outside with a screwdriver handle, I managed to get another to free up and work. But I still can’t get 3 of them to operate at all. I don’t know how in the world 3 (or 4) injectors could suddenly go bad at once, but they clearly are not working.

So, I’ve ordered 6 new injectors. They were literally 1/5 the price if I ordered them from the U.K. instead of the U.S., so the waiting will be a bit longer. I’ll let you know if that fixes anything after they arrive. Fingers crossed.

I did not see a mention of using a scan tool. If the car is 1996 or newer it has a OBDll port and it should help your trouble shooting. Pete