X305 1995 GM 4L80E aut. transmission

I have a problem with my gearbox. At cold start, after 3-800 meters, the warning light turns on gearbox failure and is locked in 2nd gear. I can then release, stop the engine, immediately restart and the car will run well for the rest of the day. The problem is again when the car has become cold, mostly because it means the next day. However, if it is cold winter, the problem may occur after a few hours of standstill. The problem has been there for a few years and I have lived with it. Now, however, I would like to solve the problem. Hope there is one who has a good idea ??? However, I can tell that I have already changed oil and filter without results.
Best regards
Per from Denmark

I think I just finally solved my same problem after 2 years . 1995 XJR same trany as you, after changing solenoids, internal wiring harness etc it seems to be external wiring harness, the connection at plug into trany. There was a loose pin in the sealed rubber plug, I changed the harness and good so far, this was also recommended by Lady P.
Snowball

Hi Snowball
I will try to look at what you suggest. Thank you for your help, I will return when I have a result.
Per

Well known issue, although I’ve never heard of that specific sequence. Check the rear trans mount isn’t soggy or it will eventually recur. I believe the GM pigtail is longer but don’t recall if it’s a drop-in replacement.