X308 "Passenger Door Open" warning causes battery drain

Fellow listers, my 2003 X308 has a “Passenger Door Open” warning which comes on intermittently. This causes the car to not lock from the remote, but most importantly results in an overnight battery drain.

How is this fixed or overridden so the drain doesn’t happen? There appears not to be the usual door jamb switch which could be disconnected.

So what to do? TIA.

My 2003 X308 has the “passenger door open” warning light on and also will not lock as a result. I lubricated all the door mechanisms but am thinking it is likely to be a failed microswitch in one of the passenger doors. Unfortunately I do not want to take apart three doors just to locate it, and then I understand you cannot buy the microswitch separately from the door mechanism. I do not want to have to replace the latter. I have seen on some Forums that you can buy a generic microswitch to substitute, but I also would like to hear from others who may have had this experience and solved it!!

The other thing that occurs with my car is that the interior lights tend to stay on because of this fault, so that may be causing the battery drain. I seem to be able to get them to turn off if I open the driver’s door before turning off the ignition.

Hooking up to a code reader will give you the door to look at. The only way to truly solve this issue is to replace the offending door lock mechanism which, as you rightly say, has the “door ajar switch” fitted within.

I hooked up my code reader and it did not give me any indication of which door was the culprit, or indeed, that any door was ajar.

Back to guessing or I didn’t look for the right thing.

With the coming of warmer weather here in tejas the lighting situation seems to have gone away. As I said, there was no indication about what, if any, door was involved so I’ll have to keep a sharp eye on it and investigate when it happens again.

Unless any of you folks out there know of any prophylactic measure I can try to obviate the whole thing from happening.

Any inputs?