X308 Upper ball Joint servicing

What is involved in replacing the upper control arm ball joint in anX308? Does it require anything other than a normal press to get the ball joint in and out of the arm? I am considering getting a junkyard wishbone and doing a rebuild on that in case I screw it up I’ll still have a car to drive.

Check the videos on YouTube. I just looked at several to get an idea on the difficulty (and tools involved) for my son doing ball joints on a Dodge Ram 1500 2wd. SD Faircloth www.jaguarfuelinjectorservice.com

Hi, I looked but didn’t find anything on the XJ8 upper. In reading in other posts it sounds like they are really in there and hard to get out. Now planning on getting a junk yard arm and fitting things to that then installing in place of the worn BJ arm.
Is there anything specific to jaguar that you know of when it comes to the presses?
Cheers

This is the closest I could find on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYalMdEkikM
I haven’t watched it yet. But it is suppose to be on an X300. I have not done a ball joint replacement on any vehicle…Jag or otherwise. You can view this vid and compare any XJ8 suspension diagram you may have available. Since you plan on purchasing the ball joints, were it me and when they arrive, I would make a trip to your local auto store and ask to look at their loaner ball joint kit. SD Faircloth

Not a bad Idea getting the loaner press.
Cheers
Jeff