X350 AC troubleshoot info

HI, my 2004 X350 AC just stopped working. I have no idea and need troubleshoot info AND/OR standard culprits for this problem. I tried to put in more 134, but it will not take it. Wife is brcoming irritated.

Brian …

When you say “stopped working” do you mean the system won’t turn on or that it’s operating but stopped cooling ?

Or the fan stopped working?

My 04 needed a blower motor resistor:

C2C39577 Blower Motor Control Module/Resistor Fits: Jaguar Super V8 (2005-2009) Jaguar Vanden Plas (2003-2009) Jaguar XJ8 (2004-2009) Jaguar XJR (2004-2009) Amazon.com

It would be helpful to know where in the world you are and what the weather conditions are. We had a heatwave in the summer of 2022 when the ambient went up to +41C and the high pressure switch in the compressor circuit stuck on while the car was parked, engine not running. Fault codes reported "P0533 A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor A Circuit High. I had to replace the switch, which was jammed closed. I tell you this just to illustrate that ambient conditions can have an effect on ac faults.

To all that replied, thank you.I am still sorting this out and the weather here in Fort Worth, TX is OK and varies between colder and warmer with warmer weather sure to come. To answer a few questions, the blower works fine and I had, in fact replaced that blower motor resistor about a year ago. I have researched this on line a lot recently and determined that it might be, in fact, the refrigerant pressure sensor and have ordered one today.

Sorry for the dearth of info. I do know better, but it was late and I was frustrate when I wrote that question. I’ll see if trhe pressure sensor does it and if not, investigate further.

Thanks again and best regards, Brian