X350 boot/trunk raising

I have searched for this but found conflicting answers…

Can anyone tell me definitively once and for all whether the boot lid of the X350 is meant to open all the way, like my S-Type did, or just crack open, like my X308 did, when pressing the remote button? The obvious reason for asking is that mine just cracks open and after I’ve fitted the new tank straps (tomorrow!!!) I am planning to enjoy a quiet afternoon investigating this. But if it isn’t meant to go up, I’ll be wasting my time…

PS I know and respect that some people prefer their boots to just crack open but I’m firmly in the open all the way camp and nothing will persuade me otherwise.

Mine has always just cracked open.

I guess if you put different struts(from an S Type?) on it you could get it to open all the way.

Roger

05 Zircon XJ8L

Fl, USA

Thanks Roger.

Like I say, I’m trying to find out wether it’s “meant to” - as in was this the intention when the car was new…

My X300 just cracks open and as far as I recall my previous X308 was the same. As the bodies are almost identical I imagine they both the same in this respect.

Quite so, Neil. But the X350 is a completely different design…

Mine just pops up an inch or so ( I know what you’re about to write Neil).

Yep once I had 6 inches and 1 wrinkle, now it’s 6wrinkles and 1 inch. As you say!

Mine only opens like yours and the Jaguar sales brochure makes no
mention of an automatic boot lift.

Somehow, I don’t think the average first-time XJ buyer would be seen
struggling out of B&Q with his hands full and trying to open the boot :slight_smile:

HTH
Chris C

Justin Hill wrote: