X350 Radio silence

Hi guys,
We had a bit of trouble fitting a DAB adapter and removed it. In the process, I unplugged the big screen and the head unit without cutting the battery power, and - as you know - getting the gear lever out of the way to get some space to work, means you can’t switch the ignition fully off and remove the key.

Afterwards, when all was back together, all seemed to work but there was no sound from the speakers…

For information, the battery was dying, so we got some strange goings-on during the work, like flickering screen etc. A new battery was fitted before re-assembly though.

Any ideas? The amplifier (Alpine) is getting power, by the way.

Kind regards,
Bard Thomas

disconenct the battery
leave for 15 mins
reconnect.

Hi Andy,
I’ll give that a go, thanks! I have also heard that shorting the pos and neg battery cable (after disconnecting the battery) for some twenty seconds could be advantageous. What’ye reckon?

Regards,
Bard

Finally I heard back from my client; Disconnecting/shorting didn’t help… What we did though, was to plug into a different amplifier, and that didn’t help either but at least it rules out the possibility of the amp being the problem.

So, what can it be; I have a big screen and a receiver that have been disconnected and put back and re-connected. Both work; radio works and the CD player plays. There’s only no sound…

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Bard Thomas