XF sedan; Squeeky bushings at the rear

Hi,

My daughter’s “new” Jaguar, an XF of MY 2007, is squeaking rather badly from the rear suspension. I can’t quite make out which bushings are the culprits, so I sprayed all of them with “Fluid Film” (a lanoline liquid from sheep wool which is very good at creeping into tight spaces), thinking that would end the squeaking. Although it seemed to help some, it didn’t quite silence the “mattress”.

Any wisdom out there?

Kind regards,
Bard Thomas

I haven’t heard too many complaints about squeaky bushings on these cars, but the few complaints I have heard indicated that it was due to dried out bushings. Did you notice any cracking or deformation on any of the bushings? If the bushings are original, you may want to consider getting some of the suspension parts replaced anyway due to wear and tear.

I know that’s not incredibly helpful, but its at least a starting point.

Just as little help but what I can offer is that Mercedes used some “bushings” that were actually roller type bearings with a rubber dust shield. When they dry up they sound exactly like a mattress. Oiling them with a syringe goes a long way and they are quiet for now. The lip feels soft, unlike normal bushes.

Another culprit could be the anti roll bar turning inside the rubber mounts. Swapping those for new shouldn’t be such a big job although I delay it on my Mercedes.

Hi,
Any and all advice is appreciated. As an XJ guy, I’m not used to this way of the bushings to tell me they want to be replaced… No particular cracking to see but I’m about to arrange with some help to have the vehicle hoisted and lowered whilst I’m scrutinizing from underneath! I will be victorious!

Bard

Hi,
I don’t think there are any of those bushings here… Anyway, I will get to the bottom of it!

Bard

I had the same with one of my front bushings. My mech guy sprayed smth in there and after a few days it stopped…very strange

Hi,
New lower wishbones are en route. I found the inner bushings - which are of the “liquid” type - were actually shot. Hopefully, this will fix the squeaking!

I did try to spray and even copper-paste every surface in the rear suspension, to no avail…

Regards,
Bard

I think you mean the ‘hyadrabushes’ right? How much was the set and from who? I’m just curious :smiley:

Bard!
It would help to get some pictures of what you need.
I have some bushings , just like to have a picture.

Thanks,
                                                         Walter

Hi,
I ended up purchasing a new set of lower wishbones at the rear (see link below). Fitted today; total success!

However, now I hear some squeaking from the front, especially when turning the steering wheel… I think there are some Hydra-bushings up front as well but which ones…?

Walter, I might be interested in bushings that could replace the hydra-bushings; lower, inner. I would replace them and just put the wishbones on the shelf as a backup…

Kind regards,
Bard

Hey I’m hunting suspension parts and rear deck mids speakers for 2009 xf supercharged with Bowers and wilkens VIN sajwa07c191r21854.thanks in advance Mark Smith

Mark!
I have some new suspension parts, I’ll take some good
pictures tomorrow.
Walter

Mark!
Have some pictures from the bushings I have.
Get me on ewschust1357@centurylink.net
We’ll make a deal if your interested.
Walter