Xj 40 brake problems

Hi Pegleg here.
1988 xj40 ,showing anti lock system and low brake pad problems on the pads. Plenty of pad left. There is no self levelling on car have been removed.
At this time is in a brake shop and can’t access computer codes will see tomorrow.
the pump that supplies the accumulator, can it fail and how can it be tested ? can the pump be removed ?
and Is it easy to remove accumulator ? If the motor is running will oil be pumped out of the hoses on the reservoir thus indicating that pump is working. Does the system need air vented
Jaguar workshops in the past have tapped the valves on the accumulator to reset them because of sticking.
Please some help here pictures too if possible.
Thank you Pegleg.

Check that the sensor wires are intact, pad low may just be a broken wire or sensor.
The accumulator can be removed , be aware that it is VERY tight, have rags to catch any brake fluid. Once removed the accumulator diaphragm should take up the internal void, if you can insert a probe into the orifice for any significant distance then the item is U/S
The accumulator is positioned down low on the r/h side of the engine bay.
The ‘88 is OBD1 so only a small amount of codes are going to be present.
Cannot help with photos as my ‘88 went to the big road in the sky many years ago now.

do make sure that the pressure is removed from the accumulator before removing. Do this by appling the brakes about 10 times .I replaced the pump after 300.000 kms as it was no longer producing the pressure required. Under normal conditions they have not got a history of failure. The pump can be removed if you deceided to go to a vacume brake system let me know .

Pegleg here
Thank you for the reply.
Yes please give me information on replacing the system
. What do I need?
To replace the accumulator with the valves etc will cost about $1100 here in Australia.
Any advice would be helpful

Hi. I have 6 pages of instructions to send plus pictures. Please email me direct.@ covjag1@yahoo.ca

Hi Pegleg,
Regarding the ‘low pad’ warning, On my car it was caused by the pins on the pad wear sensor lead not making a good connection with the socket. I pushed a thin single strand of copper wire into each socket hole before pushing the plug home. It made the connection nice and tight and gave me no more trouble. Make sure the wire strands go fully into the sockets but are not long enough to stick so far out that they can touch each other.
Sorry I can’t help with your other braking problems, your car is much earlier than mine and has a different set up.

Thanks Casso
Was in brake workshop yesterday they found that the sensor wires were bare missing some insulation close to the sensor not sure if that would cause the problem will attempt to replace and see if that fixs it .
Thank you.

Re conversion to vacuum brakes . xj 40 1988
Can a series 2 booster be used? as I may have one that works.
Thank you
Pegleg.