XJ engine in a Mark 2, Generator do not fit

Ian, maybe the waterpump can be a problem in the Mark2? I thought that the pumps are same, however I have still two of them lying around, but this one is nice with powercoating.
Frank.
P.S. I had three of the Mark2’s in my days, 2.4, 3.4 and 3.8Litre, when I changed the clutch and lower the engine, the oil line was damaged, but I didn’t know that, so went to the dealer about some oil loss and he did not fix it. Told me to sell the car quickly. Stupid dealer!!

Yes Robin, I thought that too, how can that be? I took that water pump from a 4.2L XJ6, but thinking they are the same.
Having an other one and must be powercoated too.
There is no time, now. I will bring the engine to morrow and can change the pump later. Bought some SU’s carbs to restore, change that too.
Frank.

The pumps are not the same , biggest problem with the XJ6 pump is , it sticks out more , so you may have a clearance issue with the rad , and the bottom hose outlet on the pump is at a diffrent angle and size !

Yes Ian, I understand the pumps are not the same, pity. I will drive today 150 km to this guy with my engine, maybe he has still his old engine, because he will show me his barn find Mk2 to me and we have to change the pump if it is restored, later.
Thanks again.
Frank.