XJ needs to be moved after 20 years... help please

Funny you would say that. You are already the second person to make that suggestion.

Well, I had it on a wooden board with wheels. So I was able to move it on my own. I definitely needed a second pair of hands to get it into and out of my car. I guess it is about 75-80kg. David said he was able to move his from the floor to the bench… There is no way in Hell I would have managed that. I did get it from laying to standing on my own. But boy it is a heavy sharp unforgiving piece of furniture.

I think it makes for a great conversation piece.

1 Like

Bearing Revolution stocks a FPS274

So does Engineers Mate.

Don’t know if that helps :grin:

1 Like

EXCELLENT repurposing, friend!

1 Like

Thats great link. however for some reason the dimension on their website do not match what I have… God. why is this so hard

A V12 would be even more so, Max…:slight_smile:

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

1 Like

Way to rain on my Parade…

2 Likes

Sure didn’t mean it that way, Max - as a conversation piece your set-up is way better than using the block as a boat anchor…:slight_smile:

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

No news on the missing water pump… I have been bugging all the usual places but they all seem to make enough money to not bother to help me… It boggles my mind…

anyhow. Threw this simple part onto the 3D printer. It is a cap for the somewhat leaking throttle body spindle. We never figured out if the seal is a one way seal so this may be completely unnecessary. Since I have 2 of everything I used the dirty spare to try this thing. Fits like a glove. A dab or RTV should seal everything nicely.

2 Likes

Alright. I have spend the better part of 5 months looking for water pump solution.
I have finally found the part numbers needed for the rebuild. Why there is no kit for this pump hard for me to understand becuase both pumps are original and one is from 81 and one from 86. So that must mean that there are a LOT of Xj6 S3 out there with this pump…

For anyone looking for this in the future here are the part numbers:

EAC3202 Impeller
ERC769 Seat Seal
ADU6170 Seal
C28656 Gasket
EAC3036 Bearing. The old number is FPS274 but be careful other company have this one in stock but the measurements are wrong…

At the end of the day these parts where going to be over 120€ leaving me to do the work and hoping that it is leak free afterwards.

The same 3 letter company starting with S has a rebuild offer for 145€. So I figured for 25€ I will have them do it. I was then told that now I have reminded them, how much the parts for this particular pump are, they were not going to offer that for me. I was kind of pissed off about this response.

So I finally gave in and bought a new replacement pump elsewhere for 150 pounds from the UK. The service at DMG was outstanding! I really hope that’s it for me as far as water pumps go. This is now the single most expensive part I had to buy for the Jag apart from the parts car.

2 Likes

I hope it makes you feel better. I busted the drive in the engine for my lump. The “fix” was an after market e;ectric pump. $225. if I could have used a rebuyild, oit would be about$60.00.