[XJ-S] Anniversary Series - 50 years Jaguar & Emil Frey - Plate

Hi,

my father is proud owner of Jaguar XJ-S HE HE 1982 V12.

The car has a plate inside “50 years Jaguar & Emil Frey No 2 of 50 - G. & H. Schweri - Sala”.

Could you verify what that plate means ? Is this car a mode no. 2 of 50 ?

We checked VIN (SAJJNAEW4BC105904) and it tells that is not a special edition, isn’t it ?

Attached you can find photo of this plate.

Looks like the Swiss Jaguar dealer Emil Frey made their own celebratory plaques for being a dealer/distributor for 50 years.

The funny thing is… 50 cars! Jaguar only made 3111 XJSs in ‘82. Having 50 plaques made up seems very ambitious. Doubt they sold 50 in one year. Unless they screwed them to XJ6s too.

1 Like

Hi. Have you found what that plate means?
I have one similar no 7 of 50 but diferent name on it.

looks like this plate has had something added over the engraving

the first plate #2 of 50 looks like this plate has had something added over the engraving

What I found :
I think the text in lowercase is the name and surname of the person who bought the Jaguar.

I have the name Battmann on the registration certificate and the same on the label, in the first picture it looks like a new buyer has been added.

But the question is- What difference have Jaguar with that engraving?

Hi,
I got answer from Jaguar:

"Yes it was a local special edition because of the 50 years Jaguar & Emil Frey relation.

Your Jaguar XJ-S HE was the no. 2 of 50 of this special edition."

JAGUAR Land Rover Schweiz AG

Emil-Frey-Strasse

5745 Safenwil

I asked whether is any diffrence but didn’t get any answer yet.

Jaguar Customer Relations wrote me, that this is special edition from Jaguar & Emil Frey seller but can’t tell is it diffrent than standard version.

When I receive new information, I will post it here.

Thanks. If I’will recive any info, also will let you know.

The difference was that the car got a little plate on the dash. Obviously.

Prospective buyers probably got a bit more egotention from the Frey sales staff. Emil Frey is, if I am not mistaken, Switzerland’s biggest car importer.