XJ-S convertible - Locating Pin(s) - BCC5578 and BCC5579

Hello all,

I could use some help/advise on the following: I bougth recently a kit containing what is called the
hood locating pins, parts BCC5578 and BCC5579 but I am unsure about which one is the left one and
which one is the right one … as such I took two pictures, would anyone being able to tell me the one showing the correct order?

Thank you.
Guy

According to Terry’s Jags, this is the right

Thank you Jim.
At least one location where they show a picture of the parts.
Regards,
Guy

Dear Guy,

I am desperately looking for the XJ-S Cons. roof Locating Pins, that you have bought in 2020. Can you tell me where you could buy them?

Thank you very much for your help!

Christian

Hello Christian,

Let me search for the order I placed … a quick check didn’t come up with it.
I know I have kept it somewhere … the question is where :frowning:

I’ll get back to you.
Regards,

Guy

Dear Guy,

that would be wonderful, thank you very much!

Best

Christian

Hello Christian,

Found back my order form. It dates from January 2020
The company I bought from is called Hermann, their web site is www.jaguar-teile.de
The kit I ordered had the reference BCC5578S and had the description “Convertible Hood guide Bush”, it contained both left and right parts.
I took a look at their on-line shop but couldn’t find the part anymore :frowning:
Best would be to call them I suppose

Regards,
Guy

1 Like

Dear Guy,

thank you very very much!

I could order the pair online. Maybe they will answer that they do not have it in stock anymore - like it happened to others in the forum with other dealers. Let’s see!

Have a good day - and drive carefully!

All the best

Christian

Dear Guy,

just got the pair. Thank you so much for your advice!

Do you remember whether you had difficulties to get them into the two holes at the window frame?

Some owners suggest to put them into warm water, others used oil or soap. Do you have any suggestion?

Best - and thank you! Christian

Christian,

Glad to read that you (already) got them.
Not sure what I did to put them in place, I think I left them for some minutes in hot water, I don’t think I used
oil or soap. Be sure to check you put them in their correct place, there is a left one and a right one.
Regards,

Guy

Thank you, I will try this.

All the best from Hamburg! Christian