[xj-s] How much rear seat leg room in the coupe?

Unless you live in the US, where you are charged much higher insurance rates for not having a back seat.

Yep… That’s why I never bought a Jeep Wrangler

Not enough legroom for a newborn, IMHO … :laughing: I think I read somewhere that Jaguar, like many makers of proposed two-seat cars, put a rear “seat” (if you can even call it that) in the XJS merely for purposes of lowering the auto insurance rates on the model :thinking:

LOL @ amputee children … :laughing: btw, James, where HAVE you been? ltns … :confused:

1 Like

Come to think of it, maybe the better answer is “just enough room to be able to work on things that need to be worked on in the back seat area, IFFIN you put the front seat in front of you all the way forward and tilt the seatback (squab) forward.” :triumph:

Ahaha good to hear from you. Been working on many projects. Also the 8-wheel xjs. Still drives like an XJ-S, only difference is now it has a retractable turret on the roof. Here are some earlier pics from last month

1 Like

When i was doing work on third brake light, i had to crawl into backseat area. At 6’3", i almost got stuck trying to get out! My claustrophobia kicked in too. I seriously fear going back there.

But it’s a great place to store my cap.

GEEZ :open_mouth: Damn, you could tow a Boeing 737 Max w. that bad boy, Lover! :airplane:

Exactly, Gregmatic. I’m just over 6 ft., and that (as well as replacing the rear cabin light bulbs) was an unnerving and rather “gymnastic” experience for me, too … and I don’t eve have claustrophobia. :grimacing: