Xj-s sitting for 4 years

Just purchased a 1991 that has been sitting for about 4 years - not much info about the car while it was sitting. The car started and was driven to the dealer that sold me the car. Theo were of the dealership owned the car he took it in trade 4 years ago liked it took it somewhere and did. To use it. Any suggestion on what I should do when I get the car?

So sorry about the bad English above -I hit send before I had a chance to read. Anyway the owner of the dealership took the car in trade four years ago stored it and did not use it. It was driven to the dealership recently and sold to me. I plan on shipping the car to my home in Sarasota. Any suggestions?

Start by changing all fuel lines from the firewall forward, check spark plugs for .025 gap, no more. Change antifreeze ASAP…read as much as you can on the archives…lots of deferred maintenance to take care of…and congratulations on buying one of the better Jaguar machines…hoping its a V12. Best, JW

Thank you for the input -it’s a 91 coupe with 40k miles. My 3rd v12 xjs over time. I still have a 74 etype however. I was/am a little worried about the initial cost to get the new car running properly. It was stored in a building by someone who collect cars. Should be fun

1 Like