XJ40 3.2 Manual Gold Special Edition 1994 currently for sale UK

The 1994 Gold Special Edition was the very last version of the XJ40 to be sold with a total production of 1499. These were extremely attractive cars and are covered in Nigel Thorley’s definitive XJ40 model history ( Haynes Publishing ) with a photo on page 91 of a car in Sapphire Blue one of the exclusive Gold Edition colours. Other features included burr walnut, full leather, special alloys, twin gold coach lines and a gold bonnet badge.
A very rare manual version is about to go on sale in Launceston, a town about thirty miles southwest of Exeter. It was apparently bought new by an enthusiast who kept it in top condition but who sadly passed away about two years ago. It was left in his will to a close friend who now wants it to go to a good home. Unfortunately it has been stored in the open air for the last two years but is currently being revived and prepared for sale. The only significant issue at present is failed clutch hydraulics but cylinder overhaul kits have been obtained and hopefully should cure this, with a new Lucas heavy duty battery also just ordered for an engine restart next week and car systems checks. I am assisting the present owner Stan with advice only as I live in North England over 300 miles away. But he would welcome local enthusiasts to lend a hand and/or view with a view to purchase. He says that the colour is blue and this may well be the same as in the Haynes guide section.
If you are interested in seeing the car please email me direct ( not pm ) - roligdag@gmail.com
Hopefully photos will be available shortly.
Also, here is another Gold Edition currently on sale in the UK:-
1994 Jaguar XJ6 3.2 Gold (XJ40) For Sale By Auction
They certainly are very attractive well specified cars and definitely worth saving.
Clive