XJ40 rack and pinion interchangeability question

I have a leaking rack on my 1987 XJ 40 and have a 1990 parts car stored away.
Was wondering if anyone knows the possibility that the 90’s rack will fit the 87.
From doing a parts search online it looks like they may fit but mentions a 16mm and 14mm
tie-rod end connection to the rack?
Thanks
Peter

I can’t directly answer ;your question but keep in mind that Jaguar superseded all replacement racks circa 1992 to interchangeable ones made by ZF which proved much more reliable and less leak prone that the earlier ones that I believe were made by Adwest. At about that time the new cars came with ZF ones as well, both the XJS and XJ40 cars…

From memory, there was a change in the angle of the column to rack, causing many folks to curse why the rack doesn’t go in. I’m not sure when in the XJ40’s production this occurred.
Brian, are you there?

Rob

The new steering column was introduced in the 1993 MY (VIN 667829 - on) angled 10.5 degrees lower to the rear at the same time as the telesopic steering wheel was deleted and replaced by a six position tilt on the wheel. The steering rack range of part numbers also appear to change from '92 to '93 so I assume '93 -on racks are not directly interchangeable with earlier models.
Check the part numbers here :- https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/uk

From what it looks like the steering rack will fit from '86 up to mid '92 so other than checking to see if the rack on the '90 is good I may be in luck.
I appreciate the assistance and guidance from you all.
Much appreciated!!!
Peter