XJ6 Cold Start Injector replacement equivalent?

The cold start injector/valve on my 1987 SIII is leaking, and there doesn’t seem to be any availability of an actual Jaguar replacement part. Is there a substitute from another manufacturer that people have used successfully that is actually available?

Thanks for any help.

It’s a bosch part; maybe you can find something close? (In displacement of course). Did you try cleaning?

David

Haven’t pulled it out, gas is bubbling out of the top. The Bosch equivalent doesn’t seem to be available either, I had looked for both online from every source I could try.

Oh, it’s leaking between plastic and metal! Then all you can do is find a used one; they’ll pop up (I have two clogged ones… not much good either)…

Thanks David, will keep my eyes open and search engine running!

Standard Motor Products CJ33 is a CSV but is listed for a Datsun 280 ZX.(should fit)
Standard Motor Products CJ50 is a Bosch part that might also work.
They seem to be around $60 to $70 US.

I have substituted many parts like this with good results when the original is too expensive or NLA.

The Pre HE V12 used 2 x CSIs.I found that 1980s Volvos used a similar part. The angle of the hose was slightly different but slotting the flange mount holes let it move enough to fit.

1 Like

Thanks, will see if I can locate one!

Peter,
The Jaguar part number for the Cold Start Injector is EAC1383. They show up on eBay from time to time. If you get a used one on eBay make sure that the Seller has tested it to make sure that it works before you buy it.

Paul

Has anyone tried the CJ50 version? Looks the same, and is obtainable. I may give it a shot as a first try.

What is actually the difference between the ordinary injector and the cold start one, Peter…?

Apart from the longer ‘on’ time when used, which possibly require higher coil resistance - they all do the same…?

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

The CSI is 12V. It has to mount somehow.
The CJ50 looks good!