Xj6 fuel line to SU carb connection

Hi
Anybody have any pics or diagrams of the fuel pipes between the SU carbs and the fuel line that comes from the tank. Mine was removed and I can’t find anything in the manual. Think there is a filter between the two points as well. Thanks

I see that you have a '74 Series 2. Perhaps someone with a similar car will respond, if not I will send photos. I have a '72 Series1 which is likely same/similar. Useful to know where you are as well. Welcome, Paul.

Thanks so much, it’s at my work so will send Seine pics tomorrow.

I’m in South Africa, Durban.

Hi, pics of the area I need some help with

Here’s mine. Paul.

What is actually present, Justin? Fuel pumps present and connected to the tanks? Any line/connection entering the engine compartment?

Up to, and including, 72 a glass filter with a disposable filter element was fitted - with stop-cock blocking fuel when filter element to be changed. Later models filter had metal bowls - without the stop-cock. However, the gist of this is that any filtering will do; either of the two mentioned, an inline filter or whatever - before or after the pumps, or near the carbs. But if you already have a filter at the carbs; further filtering is not really required…

Originally, a banjo bolt was used to connect the lines to the carb filters - I’m a bit vague as to the connections to the separate filter. It is all related to mating the connections you already have. Any properly dimensioned fule lines connecting the ends. It hasn’t to be original to feed fuel to the carbs…:slight_smile:

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

Thanks Paul, looks similar to my set up so I’m going to go with that. Apologies for the late response.

Thanks Frank. I have gone with a simple filter that replaces all the bowls etc. Still need to sort carbs out so will see how it goes when that’s done. Appreciate your help