XJ6 s1 Ford lump

Roger – ref. moving your engine back 1.5", how did you figure out how much to move it back to redistribute the weight? Did you do this after you installed it, or figured it out before installation?
Thx.

did you make your own motor mounts? modify someone’s kit mounts?
with all the bling under the hood, is this a weekend cruiser or do you take advantage or the better cornering with autocross or something similar?

Jay

I used Suncoast mounts… used to have Mundorf mounts. Car is just a daily driver…but I have fun playing with Porsche and other sports cars… no contest.

so the suncoast sit back 1.5" further than the mundorf?
is the suncoast what jag specialties sells?
thx for the info!

Yes, I got them from Andrew at Jag Specialties. Weight change was just “luck”… my goal was to
get good new mounts early on… car had been converted before my purchase. Engine was tired
350/400 so I put in new engine and 200R trans… gave the 400 to a neighbor who put it in his
'52 Chevrolet pickup… still working fine today but he wishes it was a OD.

I have had three different mounts and these are the only way to go. Zero
problems with years of use - John’s mount rubber is not good and the others
do not place the engine in a optimal position.

again, thank you for the info, Roger!
i used a John’s kit some years ago when i lumped an xjs. seemed to be ok short term. didn’t have it very long afterwards.
i think i’ll plan to pull the ill fitting ford, and get a kit from Andrew at JS and drop an LS in the right place.
thanks to all who replied