Xj6 s3 welsh plugs

Can someone tell where all the welsh plugs are located on the xj6 s3 4.2L. I know about the plugs in the valley of the heads. I have coolant running out under the bell housing, so I’m assuming it’s from a welsh plug at the rear of the engine. I recently had to replace the plugs in between the heads.

Maybe it’s leaking from somewhere else, will have a look tomorrow. But gut feeling is a plug.

Had to have a look, otherwise I don’t think I would sleep tonight. The leak is coming from the water control valve (what ever that is). One of the ports on the valve has snapped off at the valve body. Easier fix than a welsh plug. Now I can get some sleep

Water control valve is the heater control valve. Think I’ve just answered all my own questions.

YUP, at times, I am good at that as well.

That is a “weak” point. Four joints hewld in place by worm drive clamps. Plenty of heat to “cook” the rubber hoses.

Carl

yep, plenty of weak points there, but weakest point here was that the outlet port is made of plastic, just snapped off at the valve body.

Zenit,

If the heater control valve that broke on you is plastic, then it is a substitute aftermarket part because the original OEM part (C41051) and even some of the aftermarket parts are made of metal. Jaguar no longer carries this part, but there are plenty of aftermarket units available.

Regards,

Paul M. Novak

1990 Series III V12 Vanden Plas
1990 XJ-S Classic Collection convertible
1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas
1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas
1969 E-Type FHC
1957 MK VIII Saloon
Ramona, CA USA