XJ8 2006 350 LWB Air Suspension Challenge

Hello All,

Have a 2006 XJ8 that has been performing flawlessly in the ten or so years that I have had it. Recently it seemed to raise/lower the suspension less and less. Today it did not do anything. So…first question does the air suspension have it’s own compressor ? If so, where is it ? The regular “in car” air con is working fine. The reservoir and valve block under spare wheel in trunk/boot has no obvious faults. Any and all suggestions/comments would be welcome on how to proceed from here.
Thanking you all in advance

Regards

Peter.

Hi Peter, google is your friend;

Hello Robin,

Thanks for the quick reply. Is this compressor seperate from the “in car” air con compressor ?

Thanks

Peter

I would think so as the Air suspension is only compressing air as against the aircon gas (R134?)

That makes good sense. Thanks. Video is excellent. Was just wondering before I tackle that. Is there a troubleshooting tree to eliminate ensors etc before I get to the compressor ?

Thanks

Peter

Probably the best thing to do is look on e-manual online and purchase the X350 service manual. Reasonably priced.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for all the help. Will get that Manual ordered in the Morning. Have been spoilt with the 2006. Before moving to Idaho had a 1989 XJ6 VDP I had for well over 20 years and was sorry to having to sell it.Best Jag I ever had. Coming to Idaho had to shed quite a few things so just kept the 2006 and the Jimmy. Got the use of a hoist very close to me so I will not have to crawl under the car. Am getting up here now, just passed 82 but still throwing a shadow.
So Thank You again. Will follow up with questions if needed if you do not mind.

Very Best Regards

Peter

No problems although I probably cant help too much as I only have the lowly ‘99 XJR :innocent:

Take a look here air suspension is covered in the first section:

http://jagrepair.com/images/AutoRepairPhotos/XJ%2004-05Tech%20Guide.pdf

Hello Neil,

Just got home. That Tech Guide looks just great. Thank You, very much appreciated. Looks like I will be back on the Forums but with the 2006 !

Regards

Peter.

Hello Andy,

Thank you for sending that link. I have saved the website already as I am sure I will be looking at it more closely !

Regards

Peter.