XJS 5.3 V12 1992 Emission EAC3427 Vacuum Thermal Valve Connections?

Regarding the 4-port EBC3427, does anyone have anything showing whether the connection occurs between the ports vertically, or horizontally? Also, does it open when cold or when hot? Think mine may have the hoses connected wrong. 2 hoses go to intake manifold behind the air cleaner, for clean air, one with a delay restrictor, and I haven’t tracked down where the other two go. My assumption is that when open (cold?) ports 1 & 2 are connected and 3 & 4 are connected. On mine the two untracked engine vacuum hoses go to 1 & 2, and the 2 fresh air hoses go to 3 & 4, with the restricted one to 4. It looks likely that there are 2 valve pistons that move up and down inside?. I would appreciate any advice.
I have an early 92 5.3 V12 Facelift, US Cat converter model with air injection #180662. My port-numbers to match above notes
1 3
2 4
Thanks
Dave Barclay
David.Barclay@crsp.org

Add images

![IMG_7732|375x500](upload://mxhBRvXwRElyE50Ic32OqbWiJcL.jpeg)

Take a look at the Roger Bywater website and see whether that covers it.
kind regards
Marek

Looks like Standard Motor Products PVS144 or PVS145 (guessing a series of them) but I can’t find anything about internal construction (there are cross sections of other thermal switches… and I assume they’re all similar internally, but that’s about all I can find.)

And what internal construction looks like (in general) …so perhaps some clues here.
Maybe more is in the ROM?

~Paul K

Thanks - interesting site I wasn’t aware of, but I’m going to have to trace vacuum hoses.

Found one of the PVS145’s on eBay. Based on the very useful diagrams i’m sure my hoses aren’t correctly connected, and have to trace to figure out which leg should have a delay in hte fresh air source line.
Thanks to both of you for the very useful information.
Dave

1 Like

Found a pretty good diagram at the SC Parts Group website. For the slightly earlier carbureted version, but shows hoses clearly enough to be useful.

Lots of useful on engine also.
Engine - spare parts for Jaguar XJ12 and Daimler Double Six Series I-III (1972-1992) | Limora.com - SC Parts Group Ltd