XJS V12 Throttle Linkage Bushings

I have just noticed a previous posting by john-john1 re. Throttle Linkage Bushings, fantastic simple design !!!. Would love to get hold of a couple of sets if poss.
If john john could reply that would be great.
Cheers.
bruced

Bruce,
You could just send him a Personal Message. That might be quicker.

Paul

Hello Bruce - over on the V12 section is a thread about the throttle linkage bushings that are provided by John_John - I installed, and posted pics, of the bushings I got from him - work real well - I was able to make contact with him via the V12 thread - Tex Terry, II - 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - sent 8/2/2020 1347hrs. EDT USA.

Thank you gentlemen for your reply.

I just tried to email John John direct, however the email address does not seem to be correct. If someone could help me out with the correct AD would be great.

Regards,
bruced

Hello Bruce - I will attempt to send John_John a message, via my last contact with him, to advise him that you asked on this XJS section for a way to contact him - Tex Terry, II - 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - sent 8/2/2020 2058hrs. EDT USA.

Seems like his name is Jonas if I recall correctly. He usually is on the boards here. I am surprised he hasn’t weighed in

Bruce, did you click on John-john icon and then use the blue banner send message?
Use the search function to find a thread he is in, then click on his icon and you can private message him within this jag site

Thank you texterry and JimD, for your help, I will give the blue banner a go.
Regards,
bruced

Hi guys,

I’m still here :wink: and I still manufacture small bits and bats for V12 :wink:
Reg. throttle bushings I’m sold out at the moment, but I’ll be making another batch as my mailbox got flooded with inquiries after this video came out:

3 Likes

Awesome video! And the guy mentions having put several other of our ideas into action. It’s a pretty good time to be a Jaguar V12 owner.

Watching that video reminded of someone’s tip on one the threads to lay an old towel down in there in case you drop a small bit…like maybe a circlip being held by old arthritic fingers

Right you are JimD - that was me that posted the pics and tip on the V12 Engine section as I replaced the throttle linkage bushings - yes these fingers do drop small things - Tex Terry, II - 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - sent 8/3/2020 1423hrs. EDT USA.

That guy managed to get that C-clip to snap in there with his bare fingers. I wonder if it’s always that easy, or whether some of us will need to reach in there with a tool of some sort.

1 Like

Good Video,
John John (Jonas) has contacted me direct. After the Video he has been flooded with orders, I am on the short list for next batch, Thank you Jonas.
The towel under the work area is a good Idea.
The C-clip I hope is as easy as it looks.

When I attempted to install the C-clip, I did drop it on the towel as I fumbled- fingered it - as shown in one of my pics (in the V12 Engine section - will try to repost here) I resorted to using the body fastener tool - this work real well with the V shaped end to press in the clip

- Tex Terry, II - 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - sent 8/3/2020 2108hrs. EDT USA

1 Like

Thanks Tex terry for the tip.

I messaged Jonas via the forum and emailed him direct but have not had any response re the bushings. Has anyone else made contact with him within the past few days?

Thanks for your help,
I ended up sending Jonas an email direct, he is still around but is out of stock of bushings due to the Video.He has placed me on the list for when he fabricates a new batch.
Cheers,
Bruced

John, when you make more I’d be interested in a set for my 83 XJS. Ben

I finally was able to check the tach for RPM effect that the throttle bushings replacement had on my 1991 XJS V12 - unfortunately, I did not take any pictures of the RPM before the bushing replacement, but I do remember that the warm idle was approximately 450 RPM - here are two pictures of the result of the new bushings, one at cold RPM and one at warm idle RPM, which is now approximately 575 RPM - I still have to check the correct throttle butterfly for the correct measurement clearance, and the throttle throat to be clean - I have also posted these pictures on the V12 section since I did post a thread there about installing the new throttle shaft bushings -

Tex Terry, II - 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - sent 11/06/2020 1706hrs. EST USA.