XK 120 angled brackets in front of radiator

Does anybody know the part number of these angled brackets that hold the front of the inner wings on an XK 120? Cannot find that part number anywhere… Viart shows them but no part number.
Thanks,

Bob K.

I wonder if they could be these?

DHC Supplement pg 1

Yes Rob, you solved it and that might be the one. Nothing in the OTS Parts Catalogue, nor in the FHC but apparently corrected/added in 1953 with the introduction of the DHC.

There are two Angled Brackets mentioned, but I guess my photo refers to the ones most to the front of the car as they are attached to the Wing Valance Extension and so have part number BD.4620.

I don’t immediately recognize the other Angled Bracket BD.4549 that attaches the Wing Valance. I thought that panel had a fixed angled section at the bottom and bolts straight to the plate that holds the catch for the bonnet (hood). Or is the DHC different in that respect?

Bob K.

The DHC certainly is not different in that respect.
I’ll go out on a limb and suggest BD.4549 is the angle at the rear of the main valence (not the extension) where it attaches to the scuttle. They are spot welded to the scuttle, but in the Parts Book writer’s convention they count as separate parts.

Thanks Rob!
I was actually looking for a part no for them some time ago. I remanufactured them and wanted to put them out on eBay…

Tadek

Rob and Tadek,

Is this the Angled section BD.4549 you are referring to? This picture was taken during the restoration of the body and the car is upside down. Sorry for that.

Bob K.

No, the one you took a photo earlier on.

Tadek,

I’m confused now.

I assumed that (following Rob’s information) BD.4620 is the Angled Bracket for the Front Valance Extensions (at the front) and BD.4559 is the one for the Front Valance itself (the middle/rear section ending at the scuttle). That’s why I added a picture of that Angled section indicated with a red arrow.

We agree that my first picture shows BD.4620, but I was trying to locate BD.4549 and these might be the angled brackets welded to the scuttle to hold the Front Valances.

By the way, Viart is also confused as he refers to these Angled Brackets (XK 120 Explored Revised Version pg 295) as part C.3835, described as a Stiffener for the Mounting Plate (for the Bonnet Catch). But C.3835 (and C.3836) are “handed” whereas BD.4620 can be used for both sides, so highly unlikely that C.3835 is the Angled Bracket we’re looking for.

Furthermore I expect these Angled Brackets to have a BD (body) and not a C (component) part number. So something for the third revised version of Viart’s (otherwise excellent) book.

Bob K.

Well, so am I…
SNG says that the BD4620 is:
https://www.sngbarratt.com/English/#/UK/parts/c3c59525-fb84-4a78-bd79-e425aa951b9a?fromList=Search%20for%20`BD4620`

No photo on BD4549.

Yes, I believe the red arrow is BD.4549, best guess anyway.

Tadek,

SNG apparently sells a “single” bracket whereas the original is “double” (see my initial photo). I doubt whether this is BD.4620 but of course two of them could be used to act as BD.4620.

Bob K.