XK 120 brake line routing

I tried to put the rope seal in but quit in frustration and installed a neoprene seal. Also had rear of crank ground to put aftermarket seal in there also. I didn’t like the idea of no seal there except the spiral on crank. Check Engle Imports out of Kalamazoo Michigan Part #C2306C… Total price including shipping was $91.36 for front seal. Easy install, I hope it works well. How is the body on your unit? Do you have a lot of work to do there?

Thanks for the lead. Does the neoprene seal require machining the timing cover and sump?

Bodywork done and repainted. Not a whole lot of work to do on the mechanical side, Ed. Once I get this front seal thing sorted out it’ll be only a couple of hours to button up the engine, then another half hour to get it back on the frame. Then a matter of dropping the body on. Then rewiring. Then interior install … enough work still anead for sure.

The seal fit fine-no machining, just silicone on outside of seal. It looks like a good seal. Will know more when I fire up engine. I have a lot of body work to do==lot of rust where batteries were and rocker panels are. It should be interesting. I havn’t done much of this kind of bodywork in a long time. It’s going to be a little like eating an elephant, one bite at a time. Ed

I’ll give Engle Imports a call. Thanks!

1 Like

We use the same type of seal on the front of the engines in the MG T-Series cars and MGAs. They work great, but you do have to fill the space around them with RTV as they’re about half as thick as rope.

Even easier would be to make the plate and template the holes from the underside of the trans and the rubber mounts attached to the frame. Wait to drill the later and mark them with the trans suspended in place.