XK-120 Repro Bluemels Steering Wheel Manufacturer

Does anyone know what UK company is manufacturing the XK-120 Bluemels style repro steering wheels (16’ and 17") that are available from several of the regular parts houses? I would like to contact them with some manufacturing questions.

Tom Brady

Kimble is the manufacturer and they supply various resellers.

Thinking about it, I don’t think steering wheel diameter would matter in hub manufacture. The outside diameter of the wheel does not alter where the spokes are. They are all 90 degrees from one another. The only possible variable is the “spread” of the spokes as they travel from the rim to the hub. I don’t think that being an inch or so shorter, remember a wheel that is 2 inches smaller in diameter is only 1 inch smaller from the hub to the rim, would make an appreciable difference to the spoke spread at the hub.

Hi Cliff,
I realize Kimble supplies the Bluemels Brooklands 20 spoke wheels to various resellers in the USA and Europe. I am asking specifically about the repro traditional style 4 blade type wheels that were original to the XK-120. Does Kimble also make those? I purchased a 16" version from a reseller here in the USA, which is currently on my FHC, the quality is excellent.

Best regards,
Tom Brady

Moto Lita here in UK were making exact repros for the Mk9 and Xk 150. Or at least they were when I enquire about 10 years ago.

I have found out that Ashwater Classics is the manufacturer of the repro standard steering wheels for XK-120’s, being sold by several resellers. Bob K came up with that bit of info and I am very appreciative!

Tom Brady