XK-140 Dove Grey example please

I am planning to restore my XK-140 to original interior and exterior colors, Dove Grey with with Suede Green leather interior. Since every photo on the internet seems to look slightly different to me and I want to be sure I am comfortable with the final color, Since I cannot get my hands on a chip, I ordered a pint of Dove Grey (D-3105) from TCP Global in CA. This code is what their charts show for this car. The sample I received today looks like a military camouflage green/brown ??? Can this be correct?? I cannot imagine painting my beloved 140 this color. Does anyone have an actual Dove Grey Jaguar with a photo they might be willing to send me so I may get a real idea of this color?? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom A.

Tom - the site XKData.com has a section for owner’s cars categorized by color. While this won’t be definitive, you can find several examples of what other people’s Dove Grey looks like. At XKData.com, click on the 'Resources" link at the left side, then click “Color Guide”. All available Jaguar colors are sorted by shade and by year. This might get you started.

Mine is supposedly Birch Grey but every other one I see is different (from each other)

Anyway, I really like the silver/ grey in a base/clear process even if it differs from the original.

…is a Ford color, and when I did my “tuition mobiles”, I just shot gray primer, then put a clear coat over that… and it was indistinguishable to Ford Dove Gray.

Lynn, That is a good suggestion but I find the quality of the photos vary significantly so it is a bit difficult determine which is the most accurate. I am going to take your suggestion and explore that a bit further. Thanks.

Tom A

Wiggles, I am starting to appreciate the “alternatives” I am seeing. Seems to me I may need to go with a period correct color I like and go with it. I was thinking that dove grey was very similar to your typical light grey primer with a gloss finish. I could live with that color.
(I also need to accept the fact that there were only a couple dozen Jaguars painted Dove Grey and there may be few left in existence. …so good luck finding one.)

Thanks, Tom A

Bpp, I love that color. Very nice. …but as you say, “every one is different.”, that is exactly what I am finding. Perhaps I am attempting to put too fine a point on this. Each manufacturer seems to have a slightly different variation as well.
Thanks, Tom A.