XK 140 OTS door hinges

I did not take my car apart, and digging through the parts pin I find I only have three of the four door hinges. They look identical to me, but XKs Unlimited lists different hinges for the left and right sides. My problem is I don’t know which one I am missing. Can anyone tell me how to tell the left from the right? And while I am at it, is there any difference between the upper and lower hinges?

I’ve just been through this for my 140DHC, using new boxes and hinge arms from SNG Barratt and David Manners. They did ask which side boxes I wanted, which I seem to remember simply related to modern modified parts as they now weld a small flange to the top of the hinge box tube to hold the pivot pin in place to stop it turning. This needs to be on the top of the hinge box for ease of access, hence the handed manufacture. Originally all four hinges and boxes were identical so it didn’t matter. If you are simply replacing one with a new hinge/box, it doesn’t matter which side you get. The one you buy will obviously only work properly on one side - the other three can go anywhere. However I would very strongly recommend that you modify your original hinges in the same way as the new one or they will wear very quickly. I’d be very surprised if they’re not already worn - there must be absolutely zero movement of the hinge in the hinge box. The thin sheet metal the pivot pin locates in is an appalling piece of design and nowhere near up to the job.

I could not find a hinge box at SNG, only the arm. Were you able to buy upgraded arms and boxes from them? And yes, I plan to have the existing hinges upgraded. Even on an OTS with aluminum doors, the hinges are not up to the job.

I think I got the boxes from David Manners, and the hinge arms from SNGB. The boxes took a few days, about a week I think, obviously made to order. Excellent parts though.