XK 140 OTS fitment of rear wing to B pillar

Hello All, we are having some issues attaching the rear wings to the B pillars on our 1955 xk 140 OTS. Wondering if the factory used lead filler on the outside of front facing piece of the b pillar (where door latch goes)? I dont remeber seeing lead here but it could have come off during media blast. Its a bit messy right now as the some of the vertical wing bolts on the pillar were broken and had to be re-welded on… and we dont really want to use fill here as its a high vibration spot? Any comments on experience with this?
Also wonderiing if anyone has a finished picture of b pillar with door open from an OTS they could post to help?

Thank you!

Sean,Patrick
In the attached pictures below, if this is the area you are referring to there is a felt covered rubber windlacing that is pinched between the two mating surfaces that doubles as a door seal.

Here’s my 140DHC in the bare metalwork phase. I don’t know how different this would be from an OTS but I think the panelwork is the same. The rear wing is the original Jaguar, the sill and B-post are new panels. There is a rubber seal that fits in the ‘slot’ created by the flange on the B-post facing panel - mine does not have felt covering. The two small self-taps in the facing panel are to hold it in place before welding.
And yes - those studs to mount the wing flange regularly break away from the back of the B-post if any tension is put on the nuts. I’ve rewelded a few of those…

Here are some “before” and “in primer” pics of my 1952 XK120 OTS. There was no lead or any other filler in this area.

I should have said that there was plenty of lead on the front part of my wing, to get the profile right with the door, but none on the face of the B-post. I can’t see how that could be needed, and how lead could be applied with the seal channel in the way if it’s a 140.
An open 140 only has the single door latch mount. I can’t visualize why you would need any lead in the area around the door latch for any reason. Is the latch not mounting far enough away from the B-post face to engage with the door properly? Don’t forget there can be spacers ‘as required’ behind the latch mechanism to allow it to align properly.

From BaT

Leaded at top only originally.
XK140Lead