XK 150 Automatic Trans Switch PN and Location

Hello.
I have a 1958 XK150 with an Automatic. I have the Jaguar XK150 Explored by Viart. On Page 318, plate 8-c10 is the Automatic Wiring Diagram. (Just an FYI, this expensive book is very much lacking anything relative to the Automatic.) There are a few items listed in his schematic that I have no idea where they are located on the car or PN.

• Hold on Solenoid. Picture looks like a relay. Where is this and what is the PN?

• Selector Switch on Dashboard. What is this? Where is this and what is the PN?

-Starter Cut-Out Switch. No idea as to what and where. Looks like a transmission switch but my trans did not have anything like this on it. Where is this and what is the PN?

• Top Gear Switch. No idea as to what and where. Looks like a transmission switch but my trans did not have anything like this on it. Where is this and what is the PN?

• Reverse Lamp Switch. No idea as to what and where. Looks like a transmission switch but my trans did not have anything like this on it. Where is this and what is the PN?

Thanks for any help. I am moving forward, baby steps but forward.

Tim

There is a Reverse switch on
the Transmission selector lever so maybe this is the same.

Four pages from the SPC.

End

Rob thank you very much for the info. Will be useful down the road. The list has identified a few items.

• Intermediate Speed Hold SWITCH. C12558
  • Escutcheon for the above. C12570
  • Anti Creep Brake Sol. Valve. C12750
    *Anti Creep Pressure SWITCH. C6858
    *Starter Motor Solenoid. C2692

Items UNKNOWN.

• Hold on Solenoid. Is this PN C12740 SOLENOID FOR INTERMEDIATE SPEED HOLD? Where is
    this located?

• Selector Switch on Dashboard. What is this? Where is this and what is the PN?

• Reverse Lamp Switch. Is this PN C13611 SWITCH, OPERATING REVERSE LIGHT AND STARTER
    CUT OUT

-Starter Cut-Out Switch. MAYBE this is the same switch as above? Then wiring schematic is
incorrect.

• Top Gear Switch. No idea as to what and where. Looks like a transmission switch but my trans did not have anything like this on it. Where is this and what is the PN?

Just a few more baby steps and I will be off and…

Thanks again
Tim

I believe you can click on these and save them to a file folder.

Starter cutout and reverse light switch is #14 on the dashboard lever.

“Top gear switch” possibly may refer to the 4 spd manual Laycock DeNormanville overdrive gearbox which has a switch on the top cover to prevent operating the OD unless you are in top gear.

Thank you! I will look these over and see if I can make sense relative to my XK150 Automatic…

Regards
Tim