XK 150 New versus Old wiring loom

Hi ,
I would start to install a new wiring loom in my '58 150 DHC with the small rear lights and also brake/flasher relay.
Pitty I now saw that I bought 5 years ago a wiring loom for a 150 Late . Does anyone know or I can use the new one ?
Thanks, Roger

Roger
I think you may be OK to proceed. I will have a look at diagrams later today and compare.
When I did my replacement I started with the main harness and feeding it into the dash area, I cut the old wires leaving about two inches away from an any gauge or component so I could check the wire color[if possible] for reconnection.
The connection for the heater may be different as they were in different locations.

I too have a 58 OTS and installed a new wiring harness. Problem was I did not remove the old harness so had no point of reference on the path of the new harness. I also discovered slate/grey wires in the harness. They are for an overdrive that my car does not have. Talking to the mfg, they only make one harness for the 150 but it contains all the wires you would need for any model 150. I just taped them off and continued to wire the car.

1 Like

I have an XK 150 S that has had the wiring harness removed during a previous owner’s tenure for painting purposes. The old harness is completely gone and the painting was done and a new harness came with the car. It landed with me to put it back together and I am looking for any photos that would show the placement/routing of the harness. Photos oof the engine bay that show an installed harness would be very helpful. I have tried to discover any such photos archived on this site but have not yet come across any. Bob Cogswell

This set of drawings was done for a 120, but 150 may be similar.
http://www.jag-lovers.org/xk-lovers/library/120_wiring/
You might also trawl through xkdata.com and browse 150 pictures.