XK 150S Drophead Vs Roadster

That’s an earlier Healey - don’t forget that the later 1963-on BJ7 and BJ8s were only available with wind-up windows and a properly-fixed drophead hood, that was not removable. You might think that market forces had moved towards more comfort, insulation, padding etc… That’s probably true for the mass market, but my Cobra was built in 1965 and has the side windows and hood in the back in leathercloth bags. My wife has strong views on the comfort levels of this car and is very much looking forward to the 140DHC being on the road.

1 Like

Hi Bob,

Are you sure? I’m no expert and I know this is not an AH forum, but this one as well as quite a few BT7’s seem to have it that way?

Something else?

Cheers!

I am sure. There has been at least one Austin-Healey in my family since 1965. I had to fight this battle with a body shop that made the same mistake on mine after a repaint. His backup argument was that it looked better backwards. I made him change it.

Here is a cover shot from Clausager’s book which happened to be within reach so you don’t have to take my word for it…

1 Like

Thanks, I saved that as a reference,

Cheers!

Good eye… and they sure are!