[xk] ALLOY CARS, Location Needed on 670179

dear ron,
did you ever find out anything on this car?
I am working on a book on alloy XK120’s at present and would be keen to see
any info you have on this or other alloy cars
regards terry
PS I am still on the SS100 book as well----- Original Message -----
To: xk@jag-lovers.org
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2000 4:57 PM
Subject: [xk] ALLOY CARS, Location Needed

Does anyone have any information on car 670179?
Is it known to this list?

Thanks

Ron

G’day Terry

A post of yours from 2009. How is your book on Alloy Cars coming along? Christmas is fast approaching and maybe I can add it to my list to give to Santa?

Best regards
Simon

Only 2009 just starting!

but the XK140 book ie histories Africa asia Aust/NZ sth America is only 2-3 months away hopefully.

Paul Skilleter has the lightweight E type book of peter out in the next few weeks

Regards terry

My pockets are not deep and your suggested books are not really on my radar but thanks.

Shall I ask again about the Alloy book in another 12 years? It will be an interesting and weighty tome when done.

Simon,

This is very interesting news to have located something on a car not ever heard of since new.

I would be very interested in acquiring this and would be happy to send you a copy of Strictly No Admittance by Peter D Wilson in exchange.

Anyway if you are interested in parting with it please let me know.

Alternatively I would also be happy to pay an amount for a good high quality scan

Regards terry

SroopeSimon Roope

4h

Anyone know the current whereabouts of alloy car 670108? Or any of it’s history or known demise?

I have a copy of the car’s original sale papers.

Simon

Terry, that’s an odd offer, given that I said in my previous post the Lightweight book is not one I would look to own.

Alternatively I would also be happy to swap for a good high quality scan of any XK era factory Build Sheets you might have. A72?

thanks for email
sorry I thought it was the price that put you off.
I will see which one is A72.
some I have photocopies of from the early days later on it will be digital camera copies.
I have never had opportunity to scan any and now you aren’t even allowed to visually sight them.
will email later to see what one I have photographed.
regards terry

| Sroope Simon Roope
October 12 |

• | - |

Terry, that’s an odd offer, given that I said in my previous post the Lightweight book is not one I would look to own.

Alternatively I would also be happy to swap for a good high quality scan of any XK era factory Build Sheets you might have. A72?

OK here are the digital camera taken copies no A72

So will pull out photocopies and see what is there

Regards terry

Simon,

In photocopies I have

A48 54 79 89 119 116 179 134 135 101 168 27 33 34 45 73 74 88 95 62 89 122 170

also x102 X110

some of these are only 1-3 sheets

what is A72

regards terry