XK Tranistorized Fuel Pump

Ats OK: was mainly a joke! I fitted the winking LED replacements for my brake lights, and added a Hella HMCSL. Seems to get folks’ attention.

1 Like

Beautiful work, Marek! Have you thought of using 10W LEDs instead of lots of little ones? I used 10W white LEDs in my backup lights. Those round lenses you have look like they might be the same ones that are used in the MK2. Perhaps that would be an additional market for you.

It may look like the original Lucas 2" reflector from the outside, but it has been altered and recast so it has a bayonet fit with the LED board.

The curvature of the bodywork precludes anything deeper than the depth of the original flat reflector plus the rubber grommet that holds it. A single 10W smt LED bulb would generate a lot of heat into such a small space and the required heatsink won’t fit into the space. Even if you could, it’d distort the plastic over time. This has a whopping 124 20,000MCD LEDs.

Like the fuel pump upgrade, it looks totally stock once fitted. The reflector still has the original writing on the exterior and it still maintains the original reflecting functionality.(This disperses the light all over.) It’s the same design philosophy as the combined reverse and third brake light featured in http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10962

kind regards
Marek

1 Like

Marek,

What’s the headlight project??

I was also wondering if you are planning to make any repos of the tail lights for the S1 e-type…

tadek

I make covered headlights, but not for the s1.
What is interesting or special about the rear lights on a s1?
What is wrong with the what the usuals supply?

kind regards
Marek

Other than as-delivered, they are barely visible?

Nuthin.’

:yum:

Hello Mike,
Did you see my note(s) to you re problem with my tach?

Hi Marek
I would like to contact you to purchase the transistorised conversion circuit board for the SU fuel pump. Could you contact me by personal email please at thcrossley@bigpond.com. I am in Australia

Reghards

Terry

The transistor conversion seems to be well known now.
Here is the Wiltshire UK source.
http://burlen.co.uk/
Here is the San Diego USA source.

Here is one in Australia.
http://www.sumidel.com/

Thank you Terry. I’ve emailed you the fitting instructions.

Rob, it’s AUD129/USD135 for theirs versus GBP23 for mine, so I’m sure there’s space for all of us.

kind regards
Marek

Terry do you have an XK here in Australia?
Regards terry WA

Hi Terry

No, I have a MKV DHC.

Sorry

Terry

image001.jpg

Rob,

Midel as established/run by original principal was THE BEST place anywhere in the world for SU carburetters and petrol pumps, having purchased up all the original spare parts when SU closed up shop in UK. They were first to make from scratch reproduction H8s and actually included initially some original H8 componentry parts while they lasted then as used up fully locally Australian made reproduction parts, including all the sand-castings but never tooled up to do pressure die-cast Fuel Bowl lids, but did do something approaching, but not equalling die-cast quality.
But after principal deceased, business was no longer a passion, ceasing all local manufacture and just became a retail business doing carburetter rebuilds (wont do fuel pumps anymore) and a retail outlet of all parts and assemblies (including reproduction fuel-pumps) imported from Burlen in UK, along with three or four other SU businesses in Australia. So there is lots of room for other SU parts manufacturers/ suppliers over and above Burlen, and Burlen reproduction parts retailers worldwide, including Midel.

terry I did a book on the history of all the SS and SS Jaguars in Australia and NZ it also included all the MKIV and MKV DHC’s love to get some history & pics and chassis number on your car. regards terry
tmcgrath@bigpond.com

Great book - just been re-reading mine during all this enforced spare time!

Hi Terry

I am of course, aware of you and your books. Happy to tell you all you want to know. I attach a copy of the Jaguar Heritage Trust Certificate which will give you all the numbers. The picture attached shows what I started with. The car was originally LHD when it was imported to Australia. It was very rusty but all the parts were there. It probably should have been scrapped. I converted it to RHD during the rebuild which is not concourse. It is matching numbers except for a Toyota 5 speed gear box, but I have the original.

There are pictures on Saloon Data at the link below to show you what it looks like now. It’s been finished and on the road for about 15 years now.

http://www.saloondata.com/gallery/zoom/?id=100854

Not sure if you are interested in imported American Jags, so if you want more info or pics, happy to provide same.

Kind regards

Terry Crossley

13 Amethyst Way

Port Macquarie NSW 2444

0408 414 510

~WRD000.jpg

image001.jpg

Jaguar MKV DHC Heriatge Certificate.pdf (1.95 MB)

aaaaa.JPG

1 Like

Since thats a left hooker… I wonder if it’s my 'rent’s old one?

Wow, serious surgery on that left hand door sill and floor; they are often like that because there were no drain holes in the sills and stuff would get in at the door limiter stops.
Yellow pads behind the battery; somebody had said he thought they were sometimes yellow.
Paul, it’s chassis 647368, black with red interior and black top, sold by Palm Beach Foreign Motors to K. L. Allen if that helps.
There were 589 lefties and 412 righties.

Not really: I possess no identifiers of the car, only that it was a 1950 MKV DHC.

Hi

How do I go about ordering one of the electronic SU fuel pump conversions?

Thanks