XK120 boot latch

Wondering if anyone has photos of the area where the boot latch rods pass through the timber frame of the boot lid?
I’ve had to remake most of the frame and the aluminium outer covers.
Is there any sort of finishing trim around the hole in the wood/ aluminium where the latch pin passes through or is it just a hole?
A couple of photos just because most people like photos.
Thanks
Garry

Not a hole but a groove.

image image image

Centre of the rod about 1-3/4” from the edge of the horizontal.

Depends on the year, the alloy cars have a hole with a feral that was installed in the wood before the aluminum . Nick is correct, all 3 of the later XK120 models have a groove and the 3 screw fittings shown in the photos.

I have this set of fittings available.
Let me know if you can use them.
Dick

Thanks for the photos Nick, but I think mine may have had the hole. While it’s not an alloy car, it is early - 660178 and the photos of the bodged repair show that there would have been a hole. While the repair was rough ( who puts a screw through the skin and bogs over it?) I’d imagine that some effort was made to at least get the hole or whatever correct, at least as far as location goes.
Dick, thanks for the kind offer but I’ll make a couple of the receivers fairly simply - they will need to suit my particular dimensions.

I think you’re going to need a more expert answer on this one, Garry. It makes sense the aluminum bits installed on early steel bodied cars carried forward some features from the alloy cars.

No worries Nick, I’ve already drilled the holes and made a couple of finishing ferrules to tidy the hole in the ally cover.
I’m keen to get the boot lid back together and in place so I can build ( or at least repair) the tonneau panel around it.