Xk120 dimension

looking for a dimension from the floor to the bottom of the door, and the overall width
of the frame box section in the center of the car. i am trying to size my 2 post lift swing arms
to clear the body and reach the frame. the two posts are closer together than normal possibly necessitating some modifications to swing arms.
i can’t get to my car to measure as it is in storage out of town.
thanks for the help

On my DHC those measurements are 9" and 3 1/2" respectively,

Chris.

Floor to door is going to be different for OTS vs FHC/DHC.
Better tell us which body you have.
And you are going to need the floor to chassis dimension.
With a properly set up suspension, that would be 7-1/8". With sagging springs or low tires it may be less.

hi rob
my car is OTS…what i need also, is the overall outside frame dimension of the box rails in the
center of the car. i have the overall width of the car at approx 60" , or the dimension from the
outside of the car to the outside of the frame rail
i have the dim under the frame rail at 7 3/16" thank you

The frame is tapered. It is about 40" at the rear spring attachment points, and 24" at the front suspension. It is about 30" at the engine stabilizer mounting points.

thank you rob

did you find the dimension under the door to the ground? cp120had a dim of
9" for his drophead. sound about right?

My FHC is about 8" but the tires are low because it’s really cold here.

Bender,

I have set up my 2 poster as below so it would fit a few different cars and also allow me to open the doors.

Between posts is 2920mm, front arm extended to 1200mm, rear arm extended to 1000mm. Arm extension will change once the engine and gearbox are in to realign the centre of gravity with the posts.

I am taking off bush for the next few days tomorrow so let me know if you need any more dimensions.

My brother with a Porsche 928 solves the problem by placing four 2x12 boards at strategic spots on the floor and driving onto them, then swinging the arms under.

thanks rob again
my problem is i had to place the posts much closer together than i would have liked. i like the ideas of the 2 x 12’s

I had no problem swinging the arms under the car without blocks. They make small and low ramps for very low cars, they came with the hoist but I haven’t needed them so far.

my problem is my swing arms are to long and the top brace is to close to the door. i am probably going to have to shorten the swing arms and shorten the top brace on the arms.