XK120 FHC Front Vent Window Rubber Seals

I am now in the process of figuring out what to do with my front vent window rubber seals. My original seals were cut and fitted in the front bottom angle. I removed another set from a spare set of window frames and found that they are nicely molded in that area. In both cases the rear vertical seal is a separate cup shaped piece. I am interested to hear what other FHC and DHC owners have done to address this area. Has anyone found a supplier of molded angle type seals to avoid the challenge of fitting that front corner?

The molded corner seals I removed are good enough to reuse, or to potentially have a mold made from to reproduce them. I will pursue this idea and would like to hear from listers who might be interested in a set.

Tom Brady
Brockton, MA
1952 XK120 FHC

I recently found out that none of the “usual” vendors carry the one piece seal. I installed the two piece version. It turned out looking good but I would have purchased a one piece seal if it were available.

Cliff

Tom, what did you ever decide about having some sort of FHC front vent seal made?

OR, have you discovered a better and cheaper source for these. They seem to be hideously priced.

Best regards, Brian

Hi Brian,

I have yet to address the situation. My original molded rubber seals are still serviceable and I took them to a trade show and spoke with many rubber molders for quotes. The molds are in the 4K range each so that pretty much killed that thought. Joel Miller, however, came up with a onesy twosey rubber molder who specializes in molding obsolete MC rubber parts, I have yet to contact him, but sounds promising.

Best regards,
Tom Brady

the SS register in the UK possibly alan gibbons or maybe bob brosen USA Classic jaguar association made quite nice moulded rubbers for the MKIV many years ago.
Worth checking initial source manufacturer of these as they are the same profile to a certain extent