XK120: Oil Pump Pipe Locating Clamp?

Another member here mentioned fitting a “locating clamp” to either my oil pickup pipe assembly in the sump or the outlet pipe from the pump to the block. I’m not clear on his comment. He mentioned this as being a failure point with two cars during the Le Mans race in '53. As he hasn’t replied and I’m clueless about this can anybody elaborate? I’m winding down my bottom end work so if there’s some sort of retroactive fix I’m supposed to make it sure would be helpful before the sump goes back on. Thanks all.

There is a split cotter pin that holds the #90 floating pancake pickup tube into the #72 pump housing lower cover.
There is no clamp on the #87 oil delivery pipe.
I believe there is a clamp on the pickup tube that sticks into the wire basket in later sumps on blocks with the rotor pump, but that does not apply to XK120.
If I recall correctly, it was the '51 LeMans in which Biondetti and Moss dropped out with loss of oil pressure when the oil supply tube from the pump to the block cracked, and Walker and Whitehead were ordered to take it easier, still finishing 9 laps ahead.

Okay, doesn’t apply to me. Thank you Rob.