XK120 Tonneaux Colour

Hi

1951 XK120 which is suede green with same interior as per Heritage certificate. The certificate lists the soft top colour as French Grey - which looks nice in pictures on internet search.

I am about to have a tonneaux cover made and am assuming it should be French Grey. But before my assumption makes me an ass would appreciate input from the collective.

Thanks
Brendan

The answer is actually no the tonneau cover almost certainly was a different colour and different material it would be helpful to quote the chassis number

Brendan,

Looking at Urs Schmid, Vol. 2, tonneau covers were supplied in the same Mohair material and color as the soft top cloth until August 1951. From August 1951, tonneau covers were supplied in Duranide, a PVC type material in the cars exterior color.

In the Jag-Lovers archives, you will find discussions going back many years indicating that no one seems to be making a soft top material that is a close match to the original shade of French Grey.

Thanks Terry,
chassis 660702, February 1951 manufactured.

Thanks Mike … would suggest my cover should be French Grey or as near as I can get it.

As promised - now with cover…

Beautiful job! It looks very authentic.