XK150 and the wireloom

Hello,

Wondering if someone had experience or advice on the following?

I am currently rebuilding my XK150, it has the “old” style of lights at the back, meaning the stop and
the flash light(s) are in the same housing. Some years ago I bougth a complete new wireloom, but today after
some more research work I found out it has to be fitted on the latest version of the XK150’s, meaning the ones with the separate housing for the top and flash lights at the back.

So you hear me coming, is there an easy way to fit the wireloom I bought to my car? Any advice or guidance
on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.
Guy

Guy,

Most of the loom you have will be pretty much the same as the one for the earlier cars but the one you have will be intended to feed the flashers directly from the switch and similarly for the stop lights. Those wires will need to be intercepted for the DB10 relay and you will need a bit of ingenuity in how you use the wires in the loom to the rear lights. I suspect the split for the stop lights will be somewhere at the back of the car so you could use one of the spare wires for the indicators instead as these need to be fed separately from the DB10 relay.

I recommend that you obtain both wiring diagrams. It doesn’t look very difficult if you are reasonably confident with vehicle wiring but if not, it might be easier to obtain the correct loom for your car and sell on the one you have.

Eric
Shropshire, UK

As Eric said but also have you purchased the wiring diagram booklet from Coventry auto components? It will help you a lot.

Thank you Phil and Eric.

Well the mechanics that are buys with the car would also look from their side, but they asked me to inevstiagte
it too. I will look for that booklet, I think I bougth Something like that a few years ago, just need to find it back :slight_smile:
If I can’t trace it, will buy another one.
Regards,
Guy

Send me a private mail if you cannot find it

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the proposal, found back the one I had (early model cars with the single tail stop/flasher).
Ordered the other one from Coventry auto components earlier today.
Regards,

Guy

Cool.

07714 759198

Would anyone have a photo showing how is the throttle switch mounted on the XK150 with OD?

Tadek

Hi Tadek,

My technical english migth not be good enough to understand your question.
What are you exactly looking after, to me (looking in google translate) a throttle switch is called manette des gaz in french, as such I don’t know how it relates to the wire loom which we are discussing here.
I you sched some ligth/elaborate a bit, I migth help. Having most documentation relating to the XK150 available.
Regards,
Guy

Guy,

I apologize for the confusion - porbably my bad English :slight_smile:

The part number is C12833 - it’s a simple 12SA Lucas switch.

The Overdrive Throttle Switch is wired as follows:

I believe it allows to switch the OD only in (at least) medium throttle position.
At least this is the way it works on the Healeys.

I am looking for a photo how it is mounted on the XK150.

Tadek