XK150 brake line routing

I am in the process of installing the brake lines in my 59 XK150 FHC rebuild. Does anybody have any photos of the proper location and installation of the brake lines on an XK150?

Here some photos I found of my Xk150FHC left hand drive restoration that involves the brakes.
Rear brake lines:

Brake booster at LH behind the wheel:

Front brake lines:

Regards,
Peter Jan

Peter,
Thank you, very helpful
Chris

Peter,
What material did you use to fabricate the brake lines? A friend gave me some brake line material that appears to be mild steel, no where near as flexible as the original lines. I recall using an alloy referred to as kunifer for brake lines but that was 40 years ago. Any suggestions welcomed.
Chris

Hello Chris,
Yes it is cunifer, bought a brake line set from sngbarratt. I also bought a complete front disc brake upgrade set ( thicker discs greater pad area) Great stopping power.

Regards,

Peter Jan

Peter,
The first photo shows the brake line running from rear to front disappearing into the frame rail. Where does it exit?
Chris

Hi Chris,
Not sure if this will help, but I have collated a few photos from different XK150s showing the brake line routes etc. Maybe some of this will help.

I will blatantly steal Peter’s photos and add this to the mix.

That’s the stuff, though you may see it spelled cunifer or kunifer or cupronickel. You also need the kit to make the double flare ends, and it takes a bit of practice to get it right.
brake%20line%20flaring%20tools
I bought a 25’ roll of 3/16" and a 25’ roll of 1/4" from some place on amazon or ebay to do my Mark V and had some left over. I sandblasted the original end fittings and used them again, with anti-seize on the threads.

1 Like

Rob,
Thanks, I received 25’ of cunifer from amazon today and have the tools picture. Successfully made first line today. Do you have any suggestions on where to get the clips that hold the brakes lines to the chassis?
Chris

Jon,
Great selection of photos, very useful, thanks,
Chris

I got brake line clips from XKs Unlimited. They are not cheap but are authentic and correct which was important to me. There is a trick to installing them, twist them in like a cork screw.

Where the brake line goes into the frame, it just continues on the other side, where is goes to a T piece just under the left battery box, from where it goes to the brake booster.
Regards,
Peter Jan

Peter,
I worked it out from a bunch of photos and looking at the brake lines.

Thanks