XK150 Slave Cylinder not retracting fully pumping up and pops out

Adam
Yes check for the 3/4 piston, good call Ledo.
I only started popping slave after I installed a 5 speed, I lengthened the slave adjusting rod by 1 inch , this had no effect as I was still building up pressure, I then made a restrictor plate to stop the piston coming out, however still no effect.
I replaced my slave, same effect, my flex hose was brand new, I then gravitated to the master cyl adjusting rod and cured my problem.
If you are having to push the clutch pedal to the floor to stop crunching gears then check for
1, 3/4 master cyl
2,Flywheel has been ground thinner,
3,flex pipe has not collapsed inside,
4, Bleed nipple on slave is in the higher hole
5, No air is the system
6, 1/8th free play at the lave cyl
7, Clutch pedal STOP bolt is free ,while you adjust master cyl rod.
8, Clutch pedal is pressing against firewall, in engine compartment.

I had been through all the points above but I thing you’ve hit the nail,my flywheel was skimmed due to scoring. So I’m guessing the clutch unit is a little further away from thrust bearing. It all works well just enough though.
I am wondering do you boys out there have sprung clutches or diaphragm pressure plates?
I wonder if this is a contributing issue??

My 150 has a Fidanza lightweight flywheel and a regular spring pressure plate with a carbon thrust bearing, also with a lengthened slave cyl. pushrod. With a T5 Tremec 5 speed.
Regardless of which pressure plate you have you should still not be popping out slave cylinders, there should be no built up pressure in the clutch line once the pedal has been released.
Fluid is not returning to the master cyl.

Hydraulic hoses have been known to get plugged up with age, and sometimes with the use of wrong fluid. That might explain the failure to return.

Morris,
The ring gear on my original flywheel has three damaged teeth, so I’m thinking of the same setup. How do you like it, and how was fitment ?

Killer
Fidanza was a perfect fit and an instant improvement on quick engine revs. I have since installed a high torque starter, where the pinion does not rotate before engaging the flywheel, therefore not damaging flywheel teeth.
You could just fit a high torque starter to save the flywheel teeth from further damage, also the pinion engages from the engine block side of the flywheel rather from the gearbox side.