Xk150 spare wheel floor support bars

there are 2 metal strips on underside of spare wheel floor as there is on the XK140.
the question is what type of screws particularly the screw heads are used to hold these to the floor these are different to what the 140 had.
The second item is does anyone know whether these were bolted to the floor before the car was painted originally or after the car was painted?
terry

The screws are slotted, panhead, 10-32, ½ inch long. They include flat washers topped with star washers.

My car had no paint in this area, only a modest layer of undercoat. I powdercoated the strips and the screw heads using black…

Gene McG

thanks for that
after discussion with roger decided that these were attached to the spare wheel floor after car was painted
The seat tapping plates and 5 heat shields pieces were attached to the underside of floor before painting.
love to find out where copper bifurcated rivets were available?
terry

If a source for the bifurcated rivets isn’t found by the time I need them, I may attempt to make some from solid rivets. If they can be found.

Returning to the paint question, essentially none of the underside of my XK-150 was painted. Also the box area behind the dash was bare metal.
Gene

The rivets are easy to find under the correct name but they are also referred to as split rivets. The last heat shield kit I purchased from SNG included the correct ones and one of the Google pop ups for Bifurcated rivets is XKs Unlimited.

OK checking google copper rivets are coming up
Brief Shipping Info | Small Ford Spares Copper bifurcated rivet, 7.5mm head, stem 3.8mm x 11mm
also found on ebay
head diameter 7mm
overall length 12mm
shank diameter 4mm
also
head diameter 7mm
overall length 8mm
shank diameter 4mm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-copper-split-rivet-225-x-7-8-034-cleaver-brooks-boiler-gasket-leather-841551-/160676875092
.225" x 7/8" TAIL
7/16" HEAD
CLEAVER-BROOKS #841-551
REPLACEMENT PART

So copper is now a possibility and certainly required for the heat shields and other applications on XK’s ie door pieces on 120 to 150

Terry, that picture really made my day!
I am fortunate in that the previous owner of my house left me a small box of these. I think he was into leather working.
They are earmarked to hold the headliner tacking strips and the Mutocel to the bottom of the gearbox tunnel on my Mark V.

Rob, you lucky man!

do you want to sell a couple of 100?

plenty here for sale
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Bifurcated+rivets&_sacat=0