XK150 Stalling Under Acceleration

You could also check that the vacuum advance can is not leaking.

Clive.

At least it’s a period-correct bodge; not being a Philips head :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies. Here is what I found that solved the problem.
Replaced the Pertronix module in distributor. Pertronix said that any copper wire spark plug leads stranded or solid would kill the module. It may take years or 20 minutes of use but it will happen. I purchased a new module. I changed the spark plug leads to carbon fiber. My ignitor coil was putting out a very weak spark. I replaced it with a new coil.
My car is now running great again.

Did you replace the condenser? That can cause problems if faulty, especially one with an orange lead.

Pertronix are great little devices to rid us of points but they don’t correct timing issues in the dizzy (I use 123). I’ve had two Pertronix burn up when I learned the hard way about using XK140 spec metallic core plug wires instead of modern silicone or such. XK’s Unl… sell a preassembled silicone wire harness that looks original and is very well made.

As I understand, the Pertronix unit is just a magnetic switch that controls the 12 volt coil voltage. It’s big advantage is that it eliminates the mechanical points and point gap adjustment variable. I fail to understand why the high voltage plug wiring would affect it. Does the coil draw more current with copper high tension leads than carbon?
Pat H