XK150 Wiring Harness Route

Hello All. I’m installing a new wiring harness in my XK150. At some stage in it’s life, part of the car has been rewired, mainly from the bulkhead/firewall back. these wires have been threaded in plastic trunking and fixed next to the chassis. I’m sure these wires should be threaded through the chassis. I wondered if anyone had any diagrams of the route the harness would take, photos would be great. Many thanks.
Cheers Phil

Update… I’ve traced most of the wires. I found the small pump / tank harness in the chassis. The one I’m having a problem with is the harness that feeds the rear lights / flashers / number plate light…Does anyone know if this part of the harness goes inside the chassis or though the bulkhead and along the inside of the car. I thought I’d ask before I start to remove the seats and trim. Cheers Phil.

Phil
Is this picture showing rear wire routing any help.

Hi myfdun!..Thanks for the photo. Yes thats the wire harness I’m having a problem with. It runs from the fuse box, along the sill into a hole, it then come’s inside the car ( by the orange cable in your photo ). up and over the wheel arch and end’s up just behind the parcel shelf where it connects to the lights/indicators. number plate/reverse lamp. interior light. My new harness end’s half way over the wheel arch and seem’s like it’s 2 or 3 feet to short. I contacted AutoSparks who supplied the harness. and they said they have sold many of these for an XK150 and have had no problems reported. So any more info from anyone would be appreciated.
Cheers Phil.

Let me check if there was another piece going to the rear lights , I recall it being all in one piece .
Back to ya soon.
M

Phil

Looks like you are missing a two small harnesses which travels down to the tail lights and into the hinged trunk.

Hi All, I’m really struggling with the routing of the the rear light loom, can anyone please explain its exact route from the fuse box backwards, particularly where it goes into the chassis. I also don’t appear to have a hole where you guys are bringing the loom in by the wheel arch… Cheers

Gavin some shots of wire routing. travels down from fuse box, and feeds through hole at chassis leg, travels rearwards

along inside ledge of bodywork and up through hole in front of back wheel, up inside car over wheel arch as shown in previous FHC picture, and travels into trunk and terminates above wheel arch. a second smaller loom then travels into rear lights and into license plate area which includes back up light.

Wow… Thanks very much for the detailed reply. I think that covers everything I need, but I’ll definitely be back if not! Cheers Gavin