XK150 wiring harness

Need to replace the entire wiring harness in my FHC. Looking for recommendations/experiences.
Thanks in advance.

I replaced the wiring harness on my very late xk150FHC.
I used the harness from SNGBarratt, this one is looking periode correct.
And I am happy with it.
But there are many other suppliers.

Regards,
Peter Jan

I had Rhode Island Wire build my complete harness, . Phone # 1-401-789-1955
Regards
Denny Broughel
1958 XK 150S - OTS

It’s no big deal once you get over the shock of the amount of cables in the loom. It also helps if you removed the old one?
Covenrty auto components have a set of wiring diagrams in simple to understand format which helped me a lot. They are quite cheap. The looms are readily available here in the uk the main manufacturer is autosparks, make sure you specify your exact model when ordering.
It also helps to look up wiring colour codes on google whereby you should find the listing of wire colour used for each circuit.

Phil and Denny
Thanks for your input. As I am on Canada I think I will be contacting RIW and discuss it with them.

Chris

| Phil.Dobson Patron
May 17 |

• | - |

It’s no big deal once you get over the shock of the amount of cables in the loom. It also helps if you removed the old one?
Covenrty auto components have a set of wiring diagrams in simple to understand format which helped me a lot. They are quite cheap. The looms are readily available here in the uk the main manufacturer is autosparks, make sure you specify your exact model when ordering.
It also helps to look up wiring colour codes on google whereby you should find the listing of wire colour used for each circuit.

Would vote Rhodes Island Wiring. Never an issue.

Gust Nelson

Best and most complete and correct harnesses are made here in Western Australia since 1977.
Fitted to alloy XK120’s 002, 007, 014 etc genuine C types and genuine SS100’s Beecham MKII’s etc even a genuine LWT E
They believe it or not have every minor small loose wire which many harnesses don’t seem to have!
Also many extras ie trafficators that flash along with indicators on MKIV MKV etc hidden DB10 on XK120’s wiring for fan
additionally the skeleton drawings that we have done are the simplest of fitting tools.
Unfortunately you can buy cheaper elsewhere but the old saying still goes you get what you pay for!

Do you definitely want something original? I replaced the entire harness (in a MK2 not an XK) with a Painless 12 circuit. It’s got 12 circuit modern blade fuse board and all modern wiring, it was easy to adapt and I swear all the lights are brighter, etc.

Phil,
Do those Coventry wiring diagrams show positioning of the harness within the chassis/body?

No they don’t. Members on this forum have previous sent in some excellent sketches and photos

With best regards

Phil
Thanks, I will search the forums.

Theo,
Thanks for the suggestion but I am trying to keep the XK as original as possible.

Christopher McAviney

| TheoSoares
May 18 |

• | - |

Do you definitely want something original? I replaced the entire harness (in a MK2 not an XK) with a Painless 12 circuit. It’s got 12 circuit modern blade fuse board and all modern wiring, it was easy to adapt and I swear all the lights are brighter, etc.

When I bought my 150 OTS it was in boxes. Frame and body were completely restored but bare. I had no idea how to route the new wiring harnesses so what ever you do be sure and document the routing of the different harnesses. Some are pretty obvious but others are hard to figure out and be sure and use the rubber grommets where the harness goes through the chassis.

There are some old discussions here under Electrical if you scroll up.
http://www.jag-lovers.org/xk-lovers/library.html#Miscellaneous

Rob,
Thanks, very useful.

Chris

| Rob_Reilly
May 19 |

• | - |

There are some old discussions here under Electrical if you scroll up.
http://www.jag-lovers.org/xk-lovers/library.html#Miscellaneous