XK8 Remote Locking

Keeping it as brief as possible.
Remotes not working with car.
Batteries OK, fuse OK in boot for security module, keys work in locks.
Learning mode can be activated with procedure but no additional beeps or flashes from the gear selector LED. Intelligent sounder has been removed from the car as it was corroded. Would this make a difference? Any ideas please?

Did the fob work before?

A make,Model,Year would be helpful since the 4.0 and 4.2 models are VERY different in the network structure as well as TSBs for the different MY cars.(eg 4.2 cars have a VID block, the 4.0 does NOT)

Thanks for your reply, it’s a 2002 convertible. The security module is LJE2600BC and the sounder was LJB2620AA.

The VIN ends with A30145.

All three fobs previously worked

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply, it’s a 2002 convertible. The security module is LJE2600BC and the sounder was LJB2620AA.
The VIN ends with A30145.
Hope this helps

Stephen Moore

Apologies also it is a 4L

I have seen SLCMs that would not respond so I used the CLEAR ALL KEYFOBS from the module and start all over again.

You will need WDS/IDS or similar device the access the module.

Sometimes you can recover the module but if it is damaged or faulty, it will need replacement.

You will need the VCATS suffix to get the correct replacement.
X100 VCATS are important because they can be COUPE or CONVERTIBLE and IT MATTERS.

Thanks, I have changed the car battery today and found that it was sitting on the security system antenna. So it may have got damaged. I have also had the fobs tested and all confirmed to be ok. Will keep trying. Thanks again.

Stephen Moore

Hello everybody,
today I tried to re-learn my FOB after I’ve changed the remote battery. For some reason I cannot activate the learning mode. To enter the learning mode I did the following:
Insert key into ignition, hold headlamp flash switch active, turned key to position 1, flashed headlamp switch 4 times. No respond from the LED or sound. Tried it several times. However I can lock and unlock the car and activate the alarm with the key in the door-lock manually.
Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks
'98 XK8 Convertible, European version

problem solved! This morning I’ve tried it again using my spare key (not the green one) and all of a sudden I could enter the learning mode. Re-learned the FOB, everything works as it should. Probably something wrong with the code of the first key. Any idea on how to repair it or is it possible to re-code it?
Thanks